Friday, May 7, 2004

Address!!

Woo hoo!! Finally. 2nd trip to Monze, left at 5:30 am, arrived about 9 - Ba Lenix's bike was not being very nice.

My address:
c/o Lenix Kayanda
Chona Middle Basic School
PO BOX 393
Monze, Zambia

Send music: Poison, Obie Trice, any music
Send books: Physics, Math, any books

Mommy, I also need more film, esp some b&w because I started photographing the building of the school in b&w and white, and I would like to complete it in such. Thanks!

And this because I thought it'd be funny - from Em's journal:

1: Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says:
umm...no books around

2: Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first?
the wall

3: What is the last thing you watched on TV
umm.. I think it was the Rocky Horror Picture show on the tv in the hotel, but that was over a month ago - I don't remember

4: WITHOUT LOOKING, guess what time it is:
10:38 am

5: Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
10:40 am

6: With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
people in the hallway

7: When did you last step outside?
before I walked in here - the question should be when was I last inside a real building before this, and that wld be last time I came to Monze

8: Before you came to this website, what did you look at?
Emily's journal

9: What are you wearing?
oh gosh you would all die if you could see me! A long brown and yellow patterened skirt w/ my brown adidas, white socks w/ green turtles, a blue and white striped shirt and a navy bandana - I took of my black biking gloves to type - yikes!

10: Did you dream last night?
yeah and it was bizzare as always

11: When did you last laugh?
Probably today, if not, yesterday, I laugh a lot

12: What is on the walls of the room you are in?
a few signs

13: Seen anything weird lately?
I have to swerve around cows to get anywhere, is there anything here that anyone reading this wldn't think is weird?!

14: What do you think of this quiz?
ehh

15: What is the last film you saw?
I have no idea what-so-ever

16: If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?
ummm..... i don't know, music and books and stuff for my friends

17: Tell me something about you that I don't know:
nope

18: If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
nothing

19: Do you like to dance?
sometimes

20: George Bush: is he a power-crazy nut case or some one who is finally doing something that has needed to be done for years?
As part of my job description I am not allowed to discuss politics

21: Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
Elysium Eden

21: Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
Ba Lenix says he wants to name my 1st boy - he asked me to name his newest son

22: Would you ever consider living abroad?
Umm.... I'm IN Zambia - what do you think?

(Original Post)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!

Hey you!
I miss you! I hope you got my letter before you left....I sent another one but I'm fairly certain you won't get it since you were already gone from training :(
I've been checking here for an address - so glad to finally have one.
I'll write you soon. Miss you tons
Terri

(Comment originally left May 7, 2004.)

goldenrail said...

I did get your first letter :) and I wrote back about 2 weeks ago, shld get it soon!

(Reply originally left May 15, 2004.)

Anonymous said...

Finally

Okay - so now that you've been to the post office twice, and have an address - WHERE'S MY LETTER!!

(Comment originally left May 7, 2004.)

goldenrail said...

Stop your wining! The only one who gets close to the same number of letters as you is Emily - Where are MY letters? 2 months and no mail is very sad (I know, I know, no add) I miss you.


(Reply originally left May 15, 2004.)

goldenrail said...

I love you :*

(Part of last reply)

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Yay! I'm glad that you have a new address now- I owe you a letter! I got your postcard today, thanks! Miss you! Alissa

(Comment originally left May 9, 2004.)

Anonymous said...

Finally - my letter

I was sad when everyone else was getting a letter but me. :( - but now I'm happy :> - I finally got the letter!! Thank you -

Love- Mommy

(Comment originally left May 10, 2004.)