Sunday, March 27, 2005

EASTER

What a fun Easter weekend.

Last night Ariel and I went to the most amazing concert: K'million, Exile, TY2, TK, the Sakala Brothers and Angela!!!!! Ok, ok, so that prob doesn't mean much to you but they are some of the biggest stars in Zambian music. For you guys it'd be like seeing the Dead, the Doors, Led Zepplin, the Beatles, etc. together!

This morning we went to church - found a nice Presbyterian church here in L-Stone. I think it was mis-labeled - was more like Pentecostal. We left after 3 hours, couldn't handle anymore.

I got to eat Easter Peeps! (ok, 1, I shared) and we had an Easter beer hunt, there were no eggs - I won a really odd shirt and gave it to Ariel - she found the bottle looking where I suggested but she isn't staying here - group effort.

AND I PLAYED SHEEPSHEAD!!!!!

Here's some places to check out the musicians:
http://www.thezambian.com/music/jk.aspx
http://www.lyricsafrica.com/news.htm check out the music tab

(Original Post)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I "wore" that "skirt" you gave to me in November. How exactly am I suppose to wear it? I had to fix it numerous times, and I tried paper clips and bobby pins to try and keep it wrapped around me. Got your letter. Did you get my christmas letter and present yet? Will be sending your birthday present soon. Love you, (smooch)
~~Wendy

(Comment originally left March 28, 2005.)

goldenrail said...

Citenge

not skirt - you wear it like a towel. Don't feel bad, I can never get mine to stay on either - usually though people wear them over other skirts, like aprons. When Mommy comes Ba Feya can teach her how to do it and she can teach you. :)
I did get the x-mas present and I wrote back - did you get that?

(Comment originally left April 13, 2005.)