Monday, March 4, 2013

Wrap up in a Rainbow

Christmas is long past, so I can now share all the fun knitting and sewing projects that turned into Christmas presents.

I really liked the Fiesta La Boheme Easy one-skein triangular shawl pattern that I’d used on my Shoulder Shawl and thought a  full-size shawl would be the perfect present for Mr. Trizzle’s mom.  She’s a very bright and bubbly person and I knew I needed something with lots of color for her.

I found a nice multi that was bright but not garish or overwhelming.  The tones were more along the fall spectrum.  Usually, I’m not a fan of boucle, but it worked perfectly in this pattern and laid beautifully when draped over my dummy.  This skein was much larger than the one I’d used before and the shall came out to a very nice size.

D'borrah's shawl (1)

Pattern from Blog.NobleKnits

Yarn: Sensations Multi Casual Boucle in Color # 4670 (this is a JoAnn’s brand yarn)

No comments: