Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The US Presidential Election Live from Nigeria Pt. 5

12:51am local time - Gap in KY just closed to 1%. Wow! Didn't see that coming. Although I think the number of ballots is still several thousand apart, so not as close as it seems. I'm not sure if CNN is telling us what percentage of precincts have reported.

Ok, the Kentucky gap widened back out. Must have been a fluke. And the gap in Indiana is down to 1%.... this is nerve racking! And it's just watching numbers move!

BBC is predicting Indiana to go to McCain. At least, it looks like they are. Hard to tell for sure with no sound. They could be showing which party it went to last year.

CNN projects Obama for Vermont and McCain for Kentucky. Both as expected. That's 3 to 8.... (There's an electoral map next to me.) Still a lot of people here. I wonder if they're all in for the long hall.

Indiana flip-flopped! Now McCain's in the lead. If I had nails left, I'd bite them. Aljazeera is calling pretty much every state "too close to call." But they are expecting Obama as winner overall. My friend from the Embassy is having his picture taken with the Obama cut-out now. Hee hee.

Crowd looks like it got a little thinner, but it's still pretty big. The snackies went awfully fast. I got up to get more when I saw there was no line. Then I saw why there was no line. There was no food. Hope we don't have to wait 'til breakfast, but won't be surprised if we do.

Obama back ahead in Indiana. Up, down, up, down, up, down. McCain ahead in Virginia, but they're saying it's too early to make any projections.

No comments: