Wednesday, July 7, 2004

For Mommy and Daddy

Happy 25th Anniversary :)

It's late in the evening; she's wondering what clothes to wear.
She puts on her make-up and brushes her long blonde hair.
And then she asks me, "Do I look all right?"
And I say, "Yes, you look wonderful tonight."
We go a party and everyone turns to see
This beautiful lady that's walking around with me.
And then she asks me, "Do you feel all right?"
And I say, "Yes, I feel wonderful tonight."
I feel wonderful because I see
The love light in your eyes.
And the wonder of it all
Is that you just don't realize how much I love you.
It's time to go home now and I've got an aching head,
So I give her the car keys and she helps me to bed.
And then I tell her, as I turn out the light,
I say, "My darling, you were wonderful tonight.
Oh my darling, you were wonderful tonight."

(Original Post)

Loved

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you

Thanks for the early anniversary greetings and the words to the song. Did you look them up on a website? (should have changed the blonde to brown...;) ) GOt back from vacation today and got the letter you wrote before you left. HAd intended to write during the vacation, but didn't, so I'll write now between loads of laundry.

Mommy

(Comment originally left July 3, 2004.)

Anonymous said...

funny funny

you are going to laugh. so i was taking this stupid quiz online about what male celebrity are you going to marry. and it came up at josh hartnette. now just how funny is that? i thought so

miss you
caitlin

(Comment originally left July 18, 2004.)

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention this in the letter I wrote you. I was listening to the radio and guess what song they played! "In a cavern, In a canyon/ Excavating, FOR A MINE/ Dwelt a miner, forty-niner/ And his dau-gh-ter CELMATINE." Ok, so maybe the singer wasnt singing those words, but I was. Yay for keyboard demos. Love you, Wendy

(Comment originally left July 22, 2004.)

Anonymous said...

Textbooks

Talked to Alpha Xi Alum last night about textbooks. What grade levels do you want? All subjects? Will be going to Sonia's again next week to go through some. Let me know on the journal, as it might be quicker than snail mail.
Love - Mommy (7/22//04)

goldenrail said...

Thanks mommy! All grade levels are needed but middle school grades the most. You're amazing. I love you!

(Reply originally left July 22, 2004.)