Monday, October 4, 2004

And we're back...

Our last night in Lusaka - we went out to the Irish pub. It was one of the bestest nights ever - I had 4 glasses of milk, garlic cheese bread, yummy soup - and then we went next door to get ice cream. I get my ice cream cone, dipped in carmel coating. I'm standing there holding my delicious yummy scrumptious rare treat, I turn around and EMINEM IS ON THE TV! It was so wonderful. I just stood there staring, didn't even touch my ice cream - trying not to drool. What a night!

We didn't stay in Monze the next night, made it all the way to Kalomo. Stopped at the Choma sports bar and played darts - I kicked vampire. Still lost some but I played well. We got into Kalomo pretty late and then had a fun few days.

We went impala hunting - Shane shot one right in the head! Saw lots of animals on the game ranch, impala, eland, zebra, waterbuck, etc, even ostrich! I decorated the bar in the house like my old walls in the dorm with magazine pics and everyone liked it :) And we hung Tim's friend's pic on the wall (Josie Maran) from a mag too.


The next day we had the first ever Southern Provincial meeting - really long. That night we had a BBQ with eland, impala, maybe even zebra - I don't know, didn't eat it. Great party that night - the whole Southern Province crew, Shane, Mateyo (now I've learned to spell it), Chris from Eastern Prov and a bunch of white farmers from the area. Everyone else got pretty drunk (other than Ariel, who's mormon). I had 2ltrs of milk :) I danced all night - until the old Indian guy tried to grab me and the farmer that took us hunting - Chesney - made some rude comments. But it was a fun time.

Next day it was off to L-Stone. Loads of fun. Hung out at the backpackers, played pool. Sunday we went white-water rafting. Shane, Josh, Amanda, Cathy, her bf Mark, myself and 2 German women from Koln were in one raft. We flipped twice - great time! Tim, Aiyisha, Ariel, Heather, Mateyo, Chris, Heather's friend Bryan and some other random ppl were in another raft. They flipped 3 times. Heather and Aiyisha and Mateyo sd they never want to do it again - wussies ;)

Today - back in Monze - tomorrow it's back home to Cheelo. I miss my Zam-Fam. It was a great couple of weeks - but I'll be glad to be back.

Hope everyone's well :)

(Original Post)

Thankful

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay for eminem! every time i hear/see him, i think of you! :) *love*

(Comment originally left October 10, 2004.)