Friday, October 29, 2004

Been awhile

So the internet's been down for a bit - here's a bunch of stuff I've been meaning to write:

Here people tend to have two names, one "English" and one "Tonga". I thought Chipo only had that name but I just found out he has another, though I have no idea how this is Tonga. You'll have to know our family really well to understand why, but this is absolutely hilarious!!!! His Tonga name is: Barnabas!

I can def. tell I've gained weight - but I think I look better. Is that strange? ...maybe it has something to do with the fact that there are no mirrors ;)

Last week or so Ba Feya called me something I have never been called before. "Kwenya" Now of course I've never been called that before it's Tonga, right? except that in English it means "normal". Should I be offended?

Last bike trip to town I passed a guy riding with a coffin strapped to the back of his bike. If that wasn't strange enough, it was painted bright purple.

(Original Post)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sir

You'll have to call him "Sir" Barnabas! I hope he doesn't bite!
LOL

Mommy

(Comment originally left October 29, 2004.)

goldenrail said...

Well I don't know if he bites, but he does hit a lot. I guess in Tonga he'd really be Ba Barnabas ;)

(Reply originally left November 1, 2004.)

Anonymous said...

thoughts of you

So, I was looking through my axid scrapbook and 2 things made me laugh out loud... both from you!

1) the picture of you standing on the doorknob in the suite.

2) a random quote from House of Yes written on orange construction paper.

I miss you! I hope you are doing well!

love,
mel

(Comment originally left October 29, 2004.)

goldenrail said...

Glad I could make you laugh :)
Put a big smile on my face, thanks Mel!!

(Reply originally left November 1, 2004.)

Anonymous said...

Rail, I miss you! You have no idea how much I miss you and needed to talk to you tonight! I hope everything is going well for you and I promise I'll write to you soon!

Much Xi and TFJ!
Andrea

(Comment originally left October 31, 2004.)