Sunday, December 21, 2003

Nostalgia

Bits of nostalgia from my day today, the things I love and will miss about home.

We decorated the Christmas tree today; I hung my silver ballerina on it first, just like always.

Mommy read us Little Black Sambo at lunch, one of my favorite childhood books. She even used different voices for Little Black Sambo and the Tigers and Black Mambo and Black Jumbo. (Not taking that one to Africa)

Daddy and Katrina and I sang White Rabbit. (the others weren't around)

Katrina took out the canvas choo choo Christmas decoration and transported army men to the lego village she was building for them.

Daddy made a fire and watched football.

Dinner conversation about those "slow" Lutherans and the dinosaurs dieing in Noah's flood. What's wrong with Katrina's comment?: 'But if the dinosaurs did exist then wouldn't they be mentioned in the Bible. Like wouldn't it say the people were running from the dinosaurs or "and then a dinosaur came along and ate Jesus?"'

Mommy, Wendy and Katrina decided that the tinsel on the tree is like the icicles on trees outside and the lights are like the squirrels that are on fire. (The ornaments are frosting)

Someone mentioned fire at dinner, which caused choruses of We Didn't Start the Fire, Our House, and Norwegian Wood.

We sang O Telly on the Mountain. I still want to know what Telly is doing on the mountain anyway, and is Big Bird with him?

Mommy tied my shoe for me about 4 times; I could not get that sucker to stay tied.

We all laughed a lot.

Just a normal day in the Schultz household.

(Original Post)

Happy

1 comment:

goldenrail said...

I did take Little Black Sambo to Africa. My family thought it was cute. And I have this great picture of Ba Feya that just happens to look like the cover of the book!