Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Crossing the Street

Ok, ok, I forgot again yesterday - so 2 stories it is!
First - a Classic from when I was little. This story was told to me by my parents, hopefully I have the details correct.

When I was little, my parents made sure to teach me the things I would need to know to stay safe. A very important rule: Never cross the street or alley without holding someone's hand.
One time, when I was 2, my parents found me out back behind our house - on the other side of the alley! Uh oh - bad girl. They reprimanded me and reminded me that I was told not to cross without holding someone's hand. Always one to follow (or bend) the rules, I replied, "I did, I held my own hands."
Lots of people thought this was cute, my mother was worried. She should have been - I was already a smart-ass at 2!

(Originally posted April 22. 2008.)

Accomplished

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Setting facts straight:
Just wanted to get the facts right for Aurelia on this, since she was only 2 1/2 at the time. My sister, her Aunt Mary, used to watch her during the day. It was at there that she crossed one of the streets, holding her own hand.
Mommy

(Comment originally left April 26, 2003, by Mommy.)

goldenrail said...

Thanks Mommy!

(Reply originally posted April 27, 2003 by me.)

Anonymous said...

LMAO:
Only you Aurelia!
MISS YOU

(Comment originally left April 28, 2003.)