Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Breakfast Songs

And now, the second story for today. A General Story . This one's short and sweet.

Growing up breakfast with Daddy usually included him singing to us. And what kind of songs does a father sing to his elementary aged children?

"I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can, so I can, see...."

"I used to love my girls, when they were all in curls, then they discovered boys, who have much neater toys. And now I only hope, that I can learn to cope, with son-in-laws named Spike, whom I don't even like."

"And where do we go from here, which is the way that's clear? Still looking for my blue-eyed baby queen, prettiest girl I'd ever seen. See her shake on the movie screen, Jimmy Dean, James Dean."

And of course, the best thing for young girls - often recited as poetry:
"One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small, but the one's that mother gives you don't do anything at all. Go ask Alice."

(Originally posted April 22, 2003.)

Happy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

gotta keep correcting.... ;) :
It was "...when they were all in curls..." Guess who

(Comment originally posted April 26, 2003, by Mommy)

goldenrail said...

oops! typo, fixed it now. :)

(Reply originally posted April 27, 2003, by me.)

Anonymous said...

gotta join in on the fun! 8) :
why doen't was do this? Can we do this 2 when was and u and daddy and mommy r home?? can we, can we!!!(the face has SUNGLASSES) (hehehehehehe)

(Comment originally posted May 1, 2003, by Katrina.)

goldenrail said...

Hun, I'm sure if you ask Daddy nicely, he'll sing songs to you at breakfast.

(Reply originally posted May 1, 2003, by me.)