Sunday, April 6, 2014

Happy Birthday Uncle Johnnie!

Today is my Godfather’s birthday.  He doesn’t sound like the Godfather, but he would sound funny to some of you.  Somehow, he’s gotten the heaviest Southside accent.  Much more so than any of his siblings.  It baffles my mother.  In fact, he’s pretty much the epitome of the Southside guy and that’s one of the reasons I love him.  He’s awesome.

mommy and uncle johnWhen I think of my Godfather, three things come to mind: Beer, Bowling and Sheepshead. 

He’s quite good at all three.  Sadly, I don’t think I got any of those genes.  He and my Godmother may be coming camping with us next month.  Guess he’ll be taking all my nickels in the sheepshead competition!  Uncle Johnnie’s got a great sense of humor, so at least I’ll be smiling and laughing while losing those nickels.

For his birthday this year, we’re giving him a little surprise.  It’s quite small, but I think he’ll like it.  I suspect though, he’s already got the best present ever; his oldest son is visiting home from the Navy over his birthday.  That’s a fabulous present, and no one deserves it more.

No comments: