Saturday, January 3, 2004

End of Year Survey

Mel said in her journal that everyone should do the end of the year survey thingy, so I figured, ehh why not. I took it from Lupe's journal though since it was easier to get.

The Year in Review...

1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
Went to Philadelphia, cool city - would've liked to stay longer than 8 hours, and will not take Greyhound again.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do resolutions, why should I only try to be better on one day of the year, I always have goals

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not close to me, people I knew, yes, but that's different.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Same answer as last... sometimes I think I've been to too many funerals for my age

5. What countries did you visit?
Oh just this one last year, hehe that will certainly not be the case by the end of 04.

6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
Meaning

7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
There are many big things, but I'm awful with dates, so no actual dates I remember.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
The whole year? wow, that's tough, probably finishing my capstone, getting into the Peace Corps, giving up on stupid llamas

9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting him do that to me - nough said

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Well, let's see, I had plenty of complications from having my wisdom teeth out, does that count?

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My uber-cute shoes, even if I did buy them right at the end of the year, they rock..now if I could just keep them tied - or my adorable Betty Boop undergarments with the cute stockings with the seams up the back.
The best thing I spent money on though, the Gates of Hell project.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Emily for sure, there are others, occasionally, but she wins for being consistent (something guys should learn about)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Do not even get me started again, this list is way longer than it ought to be.

14. Where did most of your money go?
good question, probably clothes and food

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Philadelphia, working at the Phy plant again, seeing Metallica, talking to Walt 'Baby' Love
GETTING INVITED TO THE PEACE CORPS!!!!

16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
Well I'll agree with Lupe on the anything 50 Cent, although it does not make me very happy. I think also Get Low will, that song is still stuck in my head.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? that's a tough one, cuz I am not happy now, but I guess happier than last year since last year at this time really really sucked
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner
iii. richer or poorer? richer, I guess.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
nothing, not more nothing, there is nothing I wish I'd done more of

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Less freaking

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent it at Grandma and Grandpa's, just as usual :)

22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
No, I spent 2003 trying to get over that from 2002

23. How many one-night stands?
Ha! That depends on what you consider a one-night stand, 1 for sure, however you count it, too many.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
TV? what's TV? The 2 shows I actually watched were The Bachelor (not always by choice) and SportsCenter

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate people, oh wait, yes I do, yeah, you can't hate people you don't know so I guess I do have 1.

26. What was the best book you read?
The Da Vinci Code, although I liked Angels and Demons better, but that wasn't in 2003.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Jewel, Alanis and Christina, weird hey, I never thought I'd like any of their stuff, much less own it.

28. What did you want and get?
If I want it bad enough, I get it so this list cld be pretty long. Big ones:
A poster of The Gates of Hell (can't buy it? make it!)
My uber-cute new shoes
Revolver (for x-mas, thanks Mommy)
4 other Beatles' cds, and many other cds
hee hee, oh let's see, there was the Civil war class thing, the Dr house thing and the Dunbar thing and..yeah, you get the picture
To work at the phy plant again

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don't think I saw anything that was really that good this year, it seemed like a sucky year for movies - although Radio was pretty good. Oh wait! Pirates! How could I forget Pirates! And I just remembered, Life of David Gale was 2003 too, I liked that a lot.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 22 (wait, I am) and we went to Chili's - and Jonathan actually came! And we played telephone and he started it with "Jesse Gant has a huge penis" and poor Adam had to tell Jesse and Jesse had to tell Emily (who he supposedly had a crush on), it was a riot! But then we went home and Jonathan came to tuck me in, and I made him very very mad :(

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Grrrr..... not having lies and lines and all that bullshit fed to me.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
mine!

34. What kept you sane?
what? or who? what is always my stereo and my music. who would be Em and Kathleen and Lupe and Caitlin

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Gotta love Em!

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
none, I pay attention, but I don't get worked up over it.

37. Who did you miss?
Cailtin, Grandpa, myself

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Pat and Dave (I'm awful at picking just one)

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003:
Right now, I don't think I learned much life-lesson wise, I don't like that

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"As we go on, we remember all the times we had together, and as our lives change, come whatever we will still be friends forever" - I know it's old, and overplayed and a big cliché, but it seems to really hit home at the end of 03 - probably because I'm leaving.
As for actually summing up the year, Jurassic 5 Thin Line, "Should women and men be friends first?
And then slip? My pen drips as I scribble my thoughts on thin strips of devotion", ah here, just check it all: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/jurassic5/thinline.html

(Original Post)

Melancholy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be sad!

Thanks for all the nice things you said about me in your journal. I don't want you to spend your last few weeks her sad. If you ever need to spend the night again, you know you always can. You are going to do great things with your life this year!
Love,
Em

(Comment originally posted January 3, 2004.)

goldenrail said...

Awww... thanks Emmie. I try not to be upset..it's hard to explain. I can't thank you enough for everything, even the "so how do you two know each other" and the "No! she can't...that would be 5!" Don't forget about me! I will miss you very much.

(Reply originally posted January 4, 2004.)

Anonymous said...

I could never ever forget about you and everything that we've done together. Your friendship means the world to me, and I know it won't mean any less when you are gone.
Love, em

(Reply originally left January 5, 2004.)