Friday, May 21, 2004

Eh, who needs a subject

Hello! Third trip to Monze, got up at 4:30 to get here early but we didn't leave until 5:30 and then had to stop at Ba Bonifus' to borrow a bicycle (Ba Lenix's is in many pieces) so we didn't get on the road until 6 - but we were here by quarter after 8!

I got to talk to Emily! and it made me so happy (I'm glad I brought a handkerchief). She sounds just like I remember and hearing her voice it was as if I'd just talked to her yesterday.

JJ (my boss) came to visit this week and brought me mail from Kitwe (from April). There're letters from Wendy and Anthony and the Lewins and Grandma & Grandpa and Nelson and my Big Big and even Uncle Tom & Auntie Gail! I'm so happy and excited! I haven't opened them all yet - trying to be good and savor them, Hanukkah instead of christmas - but it's hard. I have to be careful though, letters give me the most joy and the most sorrow - I love hearing how everyone is but I miss everyone sooo much.

Whenever I think of my friends back home I start crying - but not tears of sadness, tears of joy. I am so incredibly blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life - I can't even express how much you all mean to me *tear, smile*.

And something I've been working on sitting in my hut:

Things to do When I get Back (This list is by no means exhaustive and will probably change many times.)
Go to Chili's w/ Em
Visit Katie wherever she's living
Buy Wendy a drink (cause she'll be old enough to have it)
Go shoe shopping and to Leon's w/ Katrina - make her drive
Get a job - at least for the summer to start with
Hug Matt
Talk physics with Daddy - catch-up on everything I'm missing
Meet Ant - providing he be willing
Sew with Mommy

Will add more in future

Miss everyone, Love you all lots

- Nchimunya [that's me :) ]

(Original Post)

Ecstatic

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad

Checked your journal at work (hope they don't fire me for it - oh well) and showed it to Mrs Lewin. Brought tears to both of our eyes. I'm glad you finally got your back-logged letters - did you get the last box I sent to the Kitwe address yet? I sent another one on Tuesday. Will write (I promise!) a real letter this weekend!
Love - Mommy :@ (kiss?)

(Comment originally left May 21, 2004.)

goldenrail said...

I didn't get the Kitwe package yet, maybe when I go to Lusaka - mailed you a letter today :)

(Reply originally left June 3, 2004.)

Anonymous said...

I MISS YOU!!!

(Comment originally left May 23, 2004.)

Anonymous said...

HEY YOU

Hey rails i miss you sooooooooooooooo much hope you are having fun

Love
Caitlin

(Comment originally left May 27, 2004.)

Anonymous said...

My journal

http://www.livejournal.com/users/cenc157/

Hey if you ever have time you can see what I am up too, which is not much.

Caitlin

(Comment originally posted May 27, 2004.)