Saturday, May 15, 2004

One month

Greetings from Chikuni - came to visit at the mission for a day and Ba Lenix hasn't come to get me yet - guess I'm staying another night - even if I left now (it's almost 4pm) I wouldn't get home before dark. Yesterday I helped package cassette tapes by a local group fresh off the dubbing/printing machines - pretty neat.

One month at site, 23 months to go, gosh 23 months ago, where was I? Ah yes, working at the phy plant trying to get a certain big jack-vampire to notice me *sigh* what a waste of my charms ;) At least I loved the job.

I'll be in Monze again on Friday - we're going to the hardware store :) - so I should be able to update again then and since I need to leave there by 15:00 to be home before dark, the posting shld be up pretty early USA time.

I miss everyone soooooo much!

(Original Post)

Chipper

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss you too!

Will write soon now that you have an addy and I'm done with school.

Miss you!

Alissa

(Comment originally left May 15, 2004.)

Anonymous said...

I MISS YOU BIG!!!!

(Comment originally left May 15, 2004.)

Anonymous said...

Miss you ;)



Hi - I mailed a letter to you when you sent your address, and the same day I got your letter - so I will have to write another one, soon. I will send a box this week - wanted to put more pictures in it from Miss Majorette (So guess I have to print them)...Katrina took 3rd in Beginner Pageant - 2nd in everything she was in today except her solo - took third in that. Went to Lewin's graduation party as your representative - saw Will there and talked to him a little - said he was sorry he missed your party - asked for your address, but of course I didn't have it quite memorized. Will write another letter soon so I can write more! Love and miss you -
Mommy (Is it strange for a mother of a 23 year old to sign things "Mommy"?) ;>

(Comment originally left May 15, 2004.)

goldenrail said...

You will always be "Mommy".

(Reply originally left May 21, 2004.)

Anonymous said...

You have a letter coming very soon! I miss you lots. It sucks you don't know about all the stuff in my journal, but hopefully after my letter you will understand more. Tomorrow is my birthday! I'm very sad you will be missing it. Oh well, you will be here for my 24th birthday. Ack! that's scary and sounds so far away.
I miss you tons like always, and i love you!
Oh, one last thing... did you know Joe is applying for Peace Corps?

(Comment originally left May 17, 2004.)

goldenrail said...

I didn't know that about Joe, that's great - I hope he gets the note I sent him.

(Reply originally sent May 21, 2004.)