Sunday, April 20, 2008

Something I Never Thought I'd Hear

Lil Jon and BME Click performing Sweet Home Alabama and Sweet Child O Mine. Guess they knew they were playing for a white school in the south.

Lil Jon was the headliner for Rites of Spring this year. The Roots put on a pretty good show last year at Rites, and I love Lil Jon, so I thought I'd check it out. I was a lil (err little) nervous, I mean, who's ever heard of Lil Jon by himself? I mean, can anybody really name one song with just Lil Jon on it? No. Not even Snap Yo Fingers or Get Low. I was really counting on some sort of surprise guest to make the show work. So he brought BME Click and some guy called Shawty Putt (who actually had a pretty amusing song). But I'm not sure they really count as "surprise guest"; every artist has backups or cronies.

The show was actually pretty good and quite entertaining. And as Mr. Not-Allowed-to-Have-a-Name-on-the-Internet put it, "I've never been to a concert without rapping before." Lil Jon stuck mostly to his "Yeaaahhh"s and "Okaaaaay"s, with his presence on a few hooks here or there. I was a little worried when he started doing Nuck if You Buck since the song caused a riot at Harvard, of all places. But, the very drunk crowd stayed pretty low key for such a song, perhaps they were on crunk-flavored water instead of actual crunk juice.

(Original Post)

No name's

Angry

Humming of some electric something

No comments: