Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Flowered Empress

Back to those fun Christmas presents.  Here’s a shirt I made for Mommy.   I’d had the fabric around for awhile, holding onto it because I thought it would look great on Mommy.  I’d even found the perfect pattern for it.   I decided Christmas would be the perfect excuse to finally turn that fabric into a beautiful shirt.

The pattern is an empire waist that ties in the back.  It’s one of the super easy Simplicity patterns, so it didn’t take long to make.  The flowered fabric is sort of silky, but heavy enough to hold it’s shape nicely, and it’s quite soft.  I added some lace edging to the neckline and sleeves.  Hopefully the lace on the back of the neck doesn’t itch too much.

 

mommysshirt2_thumb

Front of Shirt

mommysshirt1_thumb

 Back of Shirt

 

Pattern: Simplicity 2322

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Nope - the lace doesn't itch at all. :)