Monday, November 22, 2004

Monze

Well it's Monday and I'm not back in town, I still haven't gotten back to Cheelo!

I arrived here Friday to meet Tim and JJ (our APCD, ie. boss) at the bus station.

Mr. Simate the DEBS - head of the District Education Office in Monze, and also the father of the family Tim lives with, had an asthma attack earlier in the week while at his office. He tried to drive himself to the hospital. Along the way it became too difficult. He flagged someone down and they drove him to the hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival. The burial was yesterday. (His son Joe, is a good friend of mine and a very close friend of Tim's.) I stayed for the service and burial yesterday.

I'm heading back to Cheelo today - then Wed it's down to Kalomo for Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

(Original Post)

Melancholy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you!

I hope you have a good Thanksgiving... you should have another parade like you did for the fourth of July. :)

I promise to send letters more often! (You don't believe me- I know it, hehe) Love you!!

(Comment originally left November 22, 2004.)

Anonymous said...

haveing a bad day!! I miss you!!!

caitlin

(Comment originally left November 23, 2004.)

Anonymous said...

read my journal scary thing happened!!

caitlin

(Comment originally left November 11, 2004.)

Anonymous said...

We're all set - leave here on May 3 - get into Lusaka on May 5 at 6:15 am, Leave Lusaka on the 14th at 8:45 am. Fly through Heathrow, not Jberg. Will write more for plans.

Love you -

Mom

(Comment originally left January 5, 2005.)

goldenrail said...

HOORAY!!!!! WOO HOOO!!!!!!

I am sooo excited Mommy! Daddy Bunny can't wait to see grandma, and yes, he is sitting next to me at the internet cafe. :)

Wow - now I can count down days 'til then insted of the 451 left until COS.

(Reply originally left January 14, 2005.)