Monday, February 2, 2009

Two Sleeves are Better than One

My dress dummy had been wearing Mr. Trizzle's one-armed suit for nearly a week.  Every night before bed I was haunted by this purple-armed monster.  (The dummy is also wearing a purple blouse of mine that needs buttons and the right arm was through the jacket's empty arm hole.)  But no more will that one-purple-armed monster chase me through my dreams.  Ha!  I have destroyed it!  I put the other sleeve on the jacket.

            jacket outside

I also finished the lining.  All that's left is to put the two together and add some buttons!  (In the picture, the lining is turned out so you can see what the inside of the jacket will look like.)

lining

Doing the lining, I got a not-so-nice surprise: more welt pockets.  Ahhhhhh!    All together, pants and jacket, the suit has a dozen pockets, literally twelve pockets.  Do all men's suits have this many pockets?  It's seems like an insane amount of pockets.  That's more pockets than even Munchkinhead could use!  The twelve includes those little ones inside the main front pockets, which a friend at school suggested are probably for a pocket watch.  I like my idea better.  I don't know many guys who carry a pocket watch; I know plenty of guys who should carry...  Anyway, even if you don't count the little ones, ten pockets is still a lot.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

The suits looking good, GR. I'm sure Mr Trizzle will love it.

goldenrail said...

Thanks Mommy, love it or not, I'm just hoping it'll fit!