Monday, March 18, 2013

Monkey Pants

Some people just don’t need much, and Mr. Trizzle is one of those people.  It’s a very noble way of life and one many of us wish we could better emulate, but it’s a pain in the butt for happy little present givers on Christmas and Birthdays.  What do you get for someone who doesn’t want anything?

PB271511Well, there’s one thing I know Mr. Trizzle loves, and that’s his lounge pants.  Now, I suppose it’s possible to have too many pairs of lounge pants, but I didn’t think Mr. Trizzle was there yet.  And when I saw this adorable monkey-covered flannel on sale at JoAnn’s, I knew exactly what Mr. Trizzle was getting for Christmas.

Lounge pants are one of my favorite things to make because they’re so quick and easy and there’s so many fun fabrics out there for them. I should start buying 1” elastic in bulk.  I have a great lounge/pj pants pattern that I’ve used before for other lounge pants and jammie shorts.  I seem to modify it a little every time in some way.  This time, I added pockets and fly flap.  Not my best fly flap, but I tried.  The pockets turned out great.   And Mr. Trizzle finds them nice and comfy, which is the most important part.Dorian's pjs (3)

Pattern: Simplicity 2317

2 comments:

munchkinhead said...

oh, her can apparently wear them as a cape like your dumby is :p

goldenrail said...

I totally hear the voice of one of the four-year-olds I know when I read your comment. hee hee