Monday, October 27, 2008

I Know I'm Going to Miss Her, My Sister Turned into a Tomato

Ok, so it doesn't really have the same ring to it, but that's where I'm at.  Tomato.  Bright red.

We went swimming at the Hilton yesterday.  Laid outside all afternoon in the sun.  Beautiful warm weather, nice breeze, palm trees surrounding us, sparkling blue water, waiters with funny cone-shaped hats bringing us fruity little drinks.  Oh yes, and the Indian guys nearby playing Lil Wayne songs.  Ah, paradise.  It seemed a world away from the grey office in which I spend most of my days.  (In fact, it's less than a mile away; I pass the Hilton everyday on my way to work.)   It was a very nice, relaxing Sunday afternoon.  But, as I said, I'm now a tomato's twin.

                                tomato

The people at home were very funny.  "You've changed colors!  How?"  Auntie Stella asked.  "It go back to normal tomorrow?" says Uncle Tubsosu.  I tried convincing Feyi that Auntie Hope put me in the microwave and cooked me, but she didn't buy it, "you're too long to fit."  Dr. Y took one look at me at work and just started laughing.  Oh well, at least I won't be pasty when I get back to Nashville in January!

Some random guy in the pool tried telling me I had to take out my swimming earrings because I could get hurt.  Uh, whatever!  I am so not going to change my outfit just because I "might get hurt."  Please!  It was bad enough I had to wear my beige sandals because I didn't bring my yellow swim shoes.  (Suitcase only has so much room.)  At least I didn't have to wear flip flops, ugh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure the tomato didn't eat you and spit you out again? ;) - Ouch! - you should know better!